Friday, August 8, 2008

Spaghetti Alley

I was glad to make a swift return to Spaghetti Alley for lunch in downtown Macon (575 Mulberry Street Lane) this week. I'm nearly always impressed with a place that has a concise menu with enough variety that I have trouble choosing which of the delectable delights to order. Such was the case, once again, and by a rigorous process of elimination I made the excellent decision to try Fettuccini Franco. The combination of fettuccini, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and Alfredo sauce made for a super combination of flavors. I added the grilled shrimp which rounded the dish off very nicely. The quantity satisfied this happy hobbit who told at least ten people about his lunch! The service was of great quality once again.

Spaghetti Alley's bread and dip, a standard prerequisite to all meals, is worth a mention. The bread is fresh and tasty and the olive oil dip with a well-chosen blend of Mediterranean herbs is very moreish.

I highly recommend making your way to Spaghetti Alley for a meal. I have every intention of working my way right through the menu. Not in one sitting, though.

No comments: