Monday, September 8, 2008

Tokyo Alley

Call me "Boomerang" - I returned to Tokyo Alley in downtown Macon twice last week. I even ate the same dish on both occasions! If you try it, you might be inclined to do the same.

The Masaman curry is a permanent feature on the evening menu and a frequent special at lunch. This Thai chicken curry boasts an outstanding sauce which combines the robust flavor of peanuts and the subtle flavor of coconut milk, amongst other well-chosen spices. Served with rice and a pasta salad, this dish is testimony to the quality of food produced at this delightful little restaurant. Masaman curry is not particularly spicy so it will satisfy those who are wary of curries that put out some heat. If you like Indian Korma, Masaman will be sure to please and would make a fine introduction to Thai food. As for me, I'll be back for more!

No comments: