Friday, July 18, 2008

Tokyo Alley

I just couldn't resist returning to Tokyo Alley in downtown Macon again! The memory of its atmosphere, service, and intense flavors preyed upon my mind until it dominated my thoughts! I surrendered to the urge on Thursday lunchtime and trotted down there to satisfy my craving! This time I decided to try the Thai part of the menu and settled on an old favorite, Pad Thai Chicken.

The Pad Thai noodles were delicious. They were cooked al dente, just as I like them and the Pad Thai sauce was very intense, as anticipated. The sauce was more of a sweet and sour style which was a bit different from any Pad Thai I'd had in the past, but in a good way. The food arrived quickly and was piping hot. Served with a little raw cabbage and crushed nuts, a half lime accompanied the dish and added a nice zesty finish to the flavors.

I arrived with anticipation, I ate with delight, and I left happy and satisfied. Mmmm Mmm!

No comments: